Coconut oil, coconut water, coconut shreds, coconut butter, coconut cream, coconut milk, coconut soya sauce and coconut flour are becoming more and more popular, especially at the vegetarians. And there are 127 good reasons for it.
Coconut’s flesh is very rich in healthy acids and it is a part of the Arecaceae family. Almost 90% of its content is with medium-chain saturated fatty acids and they are combined with a small amount of mono-unsaturated fatty acids and polyunsaturated.
Those medium-chain saturated fatty acids are easily digested and absorbed by our bodies. They can provide energy and they can promote neurological health.
Tasty, cheap and easy to get it, while it is all natural is the virgin coconut oil. It is very useful for our health and it has the following health-promoting properties:
– Anti-microbial/ Infection-fighting properties
– Anti-inflammatory properties
– Antioxidant properties
– It enhances the absorption of nutrients
– Powerful anti-carcinogenic properties
– Nontoxic to animals and humans
Here are the usages of coconut oil:
Personal hygiene and the body
1. Face wash/Soap – Mixture of coconut oil with olive oil, avocado oil, castor oil and almond oil in equal amounts can be replace your regular soap. Wash your face with that mixture instead with your soap. Leave it on the face for 2 minutes so it can act and after that wash your face.
2. Hair gel – Between the palms and finger comb rub a little bit of coconut oil or if your hair is curly, scrunch into the hair on the ends.
3. Baldness – Mixture of thyme, coconut oil, cedarwood, rosemary, jojoba oil, cayenne pepper and lavender should be applied at bedtime or three times during the day and to massage the affected area.
4. Age spots – Apply some oil directly to the age spot in order to make it fade.
5. Eye cream – On the eyelids, at bedtime apply some coconut oil. Apply it under the eyes in order to reduce wrinkles, bags and puffiness.
6. Diaper Salve – Because it contains zero chemicals it is completely safe for cloth diapers.
7. Hair conditioner/ deep treatment – Teaspoon of this oil should be applied to the ends and through the hair with the fingers. If you want to use it as a deep treatment you will need to rub in a tablespoon of the oil onto the dry scalp and to rub a bit in the hair ends and to leave it overnight so it can act.
8. Deodorant – This oil can be used as deodorant, but it has better effects when baking soda and cornstarch/arrowroot powder are combined with the oil.
9. After shave – The skin after shaving can be healed with coconut oil.
10. Chapstick – It will soften your lips and it will protect them. Just rub some coconut oil on your lips.
11. Wrinkle Prevention and reduction – You can strengthen the connective tissues and rejuvenate the skin if you rub some coconut oil on the wrinkles and sagging skin.
12. Skin condition – In case of dermatitis, psoriasis and eczema this oil is very good.
13. Swimmers ear – A few drops of mixture of coconut and garlic oil in the ear can have great effect. Leave them for 10 minutes and repeat the same method twice or three times daily.
14. Burns – It will heal your scars faster, if you apply it on the burn immediately and until you solve the issue you should use it.
15. Dandruff – What can be the major cause of dandruff is actually oil secretion. And coconut oil can reduce it.
16. Bug Bites – It reduces the burning sensation, the itching and it accelerates the healing process. Just apply the oil directly on the affected area.
17. Bruises – If you apply directly on the bruise you can reduce the redness and swelling and also it can accelerate the healing process.
18. Body Scrub – Rub your body with a mixture of coconut oil and some salt, or for better smell with an essential oil. Wash the mixture off after you are done, and you won’t believe the results!
19. Acne Skin Fix – In order to reduce the stimulation of the oil gland you should apply a bit of coconut oil underneath the makeup or alone.
20. Toothpaste – Baking soda and coconut oil will give you the best toothpaste. Brush your teeth with that mixture.
21. Tattoo Healing and Moisturizer – If you want to prevent fading of the pigment and if you want to accelerate the healing process and to prevent infections you should start using coconut oil regularly.
22. Sun Burn Relief – In order to relieve the sunburnt skin you should rub some coconut oil into the affected areas.
23. Moisturizer – In order to moisturize your body, just apply some coconut oil on it.
24. Stretch Marks
25. Makeup Remover – If you want to leave your skin soft and radiant after removing your makeup, you should dab some coconut oil with a cotton swab.
26. Pre-Shave – When you shave you are damaging your skin, with the use of coconut oil before shaving it will prepare the skin for the upcoming damage.
28. Nipple Cream – On a cotton ball apply some of the oil and leave it on the affected areas between feedings.
29. Cradle Cap – On a daily basis rub some oil into the scalp.
30. Lubricant – It is a 100% natural and safe personal lubricant for masturbation and sex.
31. Massage Oil – If you get a massage, pour some coconut oil before starting the massage.
32. Healing – It will create a thin chemical layer which will prevent viruses bacteria and dust, if you apply some of the oil on the cuts and scrapes. The best thing is that has amazing smell.